Imagine approaching financial planning with a positive mindset.
I’m an amateur personal finance geek.
Your tools have helped me become a smarter investor.
Personal Capital Dashboard User, February 2021
Money affirmations can help you develop this positive outlook. When you relate to your money with a sense of gratitude and openness, you’re more likely to meet goals and embrace opportunities.
Yes, there are exceptions. Financial hardships come suddenly. Systemic inequalities burden people disproportionately. Ignoring these realities certainly won’t make them disappear.
How can you welcome an abundance mindset? You can try shifting your thought processes to focus on what you want to be true. Think of it like this: We create what we put our energy and time into.
What Are Money Affirmations?
Changing long-held, deeply ingrained beliefs is often a difficult and lengthy process. That’s where money affirmations come in. Money abundance affirmations are simple, positive phrases about yourself that can help set your thoughts toward your financial wellness.
You may not believe these statements at the present moment; you may revert to a more familiar mindset. That’s natural. The idea is that in repeating wealth affirmations, you begin to internalize them as truth.
What is the Law of Attraction?
According to the Law of Attraction, we have the ability to attract into our lives whatever we are focusing on. Basically, all thoughts turn into things eventually. If you focus on positivity — and actionable goals — you will find a way to make them happen.
Here’s the most important part: Money mantras aren’t just about having more money.
This is about changing your mindset in order to be better equipped to create financial abundance.
Do Money Affirmations Work?
Affirmations work both on the conscious and subconscious level. At first, it can feel strange to repeat money-positive phrases — especially if you’re not used to talking to yourself in any concerted way.
Beyond the initial discomfort, pay attention to how you feel when repeating affirming phrases. Do they feel true to you? Do you want them to be true? Take note.
These little bits of that positive reinforcement begin to stick on a subconscious level. Keep at it. Eventually, an affirming thought process can replace the negative downward spiral.
How to Use Money Affirmations
Try repeating your phrases consistently, either within a given timeframe (daily, perhaps) or when you feel a particular emotion (stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, etc.).
In times of both struggle and prosperity, here’s how you can take control over your mindset.
20 Powerful Money Affirmations
Try out these affirmations. Say them aloud, and pay attention to how you feel. Don’t rush.
- I am in control of my financial wellness.
- My net worth is not my self-worth.
- I am at peace with my portfolio.
- I have all the money I need.
- My money goes to what I value.
- I deserve the money that I earn.
- I am a great giver of financial gifts.
- My money works hard for me.
- I am a great receiver of financial gifts.
- My actions create prosperity.
- I visualize financial peace.
- I am financially confident.
- My life is filled with wealth.
- I am financially empowered.
- My prosperity is limitless.
- I use money to improve the lives of others.
- I have a healthy relationship with money.
- The money I earn and spend makes me happy.
- I release my fears around money.
- I am intentionally building wealth. It is a process.
Perhaps these phrases aren’t relevant to your financial situation. If not, consider writing your own money meditations.
Be sure to center your affirmations with these three elements: present tense, positive words, and facts.
Instead of thinking about what you may be able to accomplish in the future, focus on shifting your beliefs in the present.
4 Steps to Creating Financial Abundance
Finding personal fulfillment and creating abundance are abstract concepts. But both have very practical applications. Consider taking these steps in order to feel more at peace with your financial situation.
- Choose to shift your mindset. With your new money affirmations, you’re well on your way to thinking differently about your money including how you use, save and invest it. Before realizing your financial goals, you need to believe in the viability of attaining them.
- Utilize helpful resources and tools. Free financial tools can help you see the big picture in order to feel more confident and in control of the details. With free technology like Personal Capital, you can see all of your accounts and then budget for short-term and long-range goals, analyze your investments, and plan for the retirement you want. Utilize free technology such as Personal Capital to see all of your accounts and budget for short term and long term goals. You can also analyze your investments and plan for the retirement you want.
- Develop positive, consistent financial habits. Everybody’s financial goals are different. Consider a budget that puts you on the right track. One option is the 50-30-20 budget, which divides your income into three buckets: needs, wants, and savings. Having a plan for your money can help you develop good spending habits and ultimately enable you to achieve your financial goals.
- Lean on people to hold you accountable and support you. Traditionally, money is taboo. But talking about it with your significant other, your kids and other loved ones can help foster a positive money mindset within your intimate circles. You may also consider talking with a fiduciary financial advisor who can offer personalized insights and guidance.
Developing a healthy relationship with your money is a lifelong process.
While you continue to affirm your money-positive beliefs, you can use money management tools to take control of your finances. Millions of people use Personal Capital’s free technology to plan for the financial future they want. Ready to join them? Put your money-positive mindset into practice.