- The Dallas Cowboys are worth the most at $4.2 billion.
- The average NFL team is worth $2.3 billion.
- The worth of an NFL team is not dependent on how many Super Bowls they’ve won.
Owning an NFL team is the definition of Fantasy Football for most people, but the reality for a lucky handful of ultra high-earners comes with a lot more than just name recognition and amazing box office tickets. It’s no surprise that the NFL is a money-making machine. In fact, team owners earn a whopping 11% average return on their investments into these franchises.
But have you ever wondered which team is worth the most? Does it depend on number of Super Bowl wins? Check out our findings on which NFL teams are bringing home the most bacon:
What would you do with the returns? Or how would you reinvest $2.3 billion? Tell us in the comments!
Forbes: Sports Money – 2016 NFL Valuations
Forbes: The NFL’s Richest Owners 2016
Mile High Report: How much is a Denver Broncos win worth?
Statista: Most Super Bowl wins by NFL team from 1967 to 2016*
Latest posts by Marianne Ahlmann (see all)
- How Much Money Are NFL Teams Really Worth? - October 17, 2016
- Meet Our Summer Interns, Class of 2016 - June 29, 2016
- Wedding Budget 101: How Much Weddings Cost vs How Much You Should Spend - May 11, 2016