Over 700,000 people track over $100 billion of assets on Personal Capital’s Financial Dashboard. Why? It makes it easier for them to understand their money and make better financial decisions. But there are over 250,000,000 adult Americans, and over half of them have smart phones. We’ve only just begun.
Although I often get asked to discuss the technical details or specific features of the free Personal Capital app, it’s really about the following three benefits:
- Simplicity: Everything is beautifully organized for you in one place. Would you rather go to one elegant site or 13 confusing ones? See and track your actual net worth. Understand where your money is going and exactly how much you are saving (or not). Quickly check how all your investments are performing today or so far this year.
- Saving: Our Investment Checkup makes it easy to understand how you are invested and how your portfolio could be improved. It also shows you exactly how much you are paying in fees, which is eye-opening (!) for many. Mutual funds and advisory fees are probably one of your biggest expenses – wouldn’t you like to know how much you’re losing to fees and how to keep more of that money?
- Security: The easiest way to catch fraudulent activity is to have a quick, easy way to review all of your transactions. A large number of our Dashboard users report having caught bad transactions using our simple daily email – including me. Using one encrypted site with multi-factor authentication and proper firewalls is much safer than repeatedly sending your passwords to multiple financial institutions on the open internet.
Yes, I’m biased, but it’s because I believe we’ve built the best financial management app in the world. The reviews from people who aren’t the CEO of Personal Capital seem to concur. So far, we’ve received more than 4,000 five-star reviews in the Apple App store. Scan them, and you’ll see lots of quotes like this:
“Great application. Makes finances fun again and keeps you on track.”
“Love this app. So far it has really helped me see my weak spots regarding my finances and has helped me improve my net worth. I use it almost every day.”
“Helps me save money and keep tabs on my accounts. Does it beautifully at that!!”
“I am using Personal Capital more and more each day. It delivers enormous value in helping me to understand where I can and should be doing better.”
“So there’s finally a GOOD financial management app.”
Simplify your financial life, save more of what you earn and keep your money safe. Download the free app today and then let us know what you think. We’re listening!
Bill Harris, CEO Personal Capital
Latest posts by Bill Harris (see all)
- Luis A. Aguilar Joins Personal Capital’s Board of Advisors - June 6, 2017
- Passing the Torch - April 24, 2017
- The Big Banks’ Plan Would Weaken Cybersecurity of Consumer Bank Accounts - February 20, 2017