This week, an online security vulnerability known as “Heartbleed” was disclosed that potentially impacted a large number of sites on the Internet.
- Personal Capital updated its site to close the vulnerability, and we have no indication of any unusual activity.
- As an additional precaution, you may change your Personal Capital password and PIN.
- If you change your passwords for other financial sites, remember to update your new passwords on Personal Capital.
- Use Personal Capital to quickly review all transactions from all your financial accounts – log in yourself or use our daily monitoring email. This provides an early warning system for suspicious activity in any of your accounts.
The likelihood of a problem is low, but caution is advised and our service makes it easy to monitor your accounts.
Latest posts by Daily Capital (see all)
- 401k Retirement Infographic by Personal Capital - December 12, 2014
- Six Tax Moves To Make Before Year End - December 8, 2014
- The Oblivious Beneficiary – Do You Have Unclaimed Life Insurance Money? - September 7, 2014